Re: Debian on the new powerbook 12'1

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 12:12 pm, Alejandro Sánchez Acosta wrote:

I've installed the 1.3.10 but I have troubles too:

If I make ofpath /dev/hdc (my HD in Debian) it tells me that not such
device but if I make /dev/hdb it tells me ultra1:

I have tested the following yaboot.conf:

boot=/dev/hdb9 // hdc9 in Linux is my bootstrap partition
device=ultra1:
partition=11 //that's my root partition

image=/vmlinux
	label=linux
	root=/dev/hdb11
	read-only

Then when I make ybin it tells me:
hmount /dev/hdb9 error opening medium
ybin /dev/hdb9 appears to have never had a bootstrap installed, please
run mkofboot.

My hdc9 in linux is my bootstrap partition (fdisk tells me) but if I
change hdb - hdc it says that the hdc it's not supported.

Any sugerence? Any person can offer me the yaboot.conf?

I have hdc9 bootstrap  partition, 10 swap, 11 root, 13 var, 14 usr and
15 home.

It is suggested in the yaboot installation manual that the bootstrap should be the second partition - you can reorder using mac-fdisk. If you search the list for Feb9, I received a lot of helpful suggestions - subject "Trouble with Dual Boot". Have you reset the PRAM Cmd + Opt +P+R on boot - it may need resetting after your previous attempts. Here's my set-up but it's not a PowerBook:

yaboot.conf:

boot=/dev/hda2 (where Apple_Bootstrap resides)
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
brokenosx (added as a suggested fix but makes no difference)
macosx=hd:10 (where MacOS9.2 and MacOSX reside)
delay=5
timeout=50
root=/dev/hda11
device=hd: