Re: X won't start

BTW: your Mail-Followup-To header is busted.  It just listed
"skinnemo" and the debian-powerpc list address.

Håvard Skinnemoen <skinnemo@itk.ntnu.no> writes:

> Whops...I'm sorry. You're from the US, aren't you? If so, non-US
> won't be available, AFAIK. I have no idea about the availability of
> crypto software in the US, but I'm sure someone else knows. It's
> somewhat off-topic for this list, though.

That's not correct.

1) There is/was not any problem *importing* crypto into the US, only
   exporting.
2) crypto is being moved into main anyway now, so crypto software will
   slowly (?) move from non-us to main because of export restrictions
   being lifted.

So, in other words since non-us.debian.org is in Germany, there is no
problem using it from the US.

Here's what your /etc/apt/sources.list file should look like if you
want woody from http.us.debian.org + non-us:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib

If you would also like to be able to use the apt-get source
<packagename> functionality, you'll need these lines as well.

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib

After modifying the souces.list file, you'll need to run apt-get
update to update your package lists, then:

apt-get dist-upgrade

Just making sure everything is in order :)

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |