Re: X won't start

Sometime around 5:47 PM -0400 on 6/13/02, Josh Huber wrote thus:
Here's what your /etc/apt/sources.list file should look like if you
want woody from http.us.debian.org + non-us:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib

If you would also like to be able to use the apt-get source
<packagename> functionality, you'll need these lines as well.

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib

After modifying the souces.list file, you'll need to run apt-get
update to update your package lists, then:

apt-get dist-upgrade

It looked like the

deb

-and

deb-src

urls in my source.list were slightly off ... it was from 2.2r0 CD after all :)

However even after I added the slash (if that even mattered at <.../debian/ woody>

I still got the same 302 errors, for example:

Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/diss/woody/main/binary-powerpc/Packages
  302 Moved Temporarily

repeated for all the usual attempts ...

on some of the non-US stuff I got:

Failed to fetch http://us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/main/binary-powerpc/Packages
  Something wicked happend resolving 'us.debian.org/http'

And then it also repeated from my previous attempts

Couldn't stat source package list 'http://http.us.debian.or woody/contrib Package' (/var/state/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_woody_contrib_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

Maybe I should just find a woody .iso instead ...???

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis