Re: Newbie install problems - Please help

Further work.  I copied the whole CD to a partition on the hard drive.  I
then re-downloaded the lib6_2.2.5_6powerpc.deb from Debian.  I over rode the
one on that came from the CD.  I re-did the install installing from the hard
disk.  Same error.  So what ever is causing this file to corrupt is a
different file or it is something with my hardware.

Granted this is a Mac clone but I didn't think it would be a problem.  Also
it is upgraded to a G3 450 Mhz from a 210 Mhz 604e.  Are there any know
problems with processor upgrades on Macs and installing Linux?

I appreciate your help.