Can't find the alsa module snd-powermac

Hello

I try to install the ALSA sound system on my iMac. I compiled a new kernel
using the kernel source 2.4.18, make-kpkg --revision number kernel_image,
dpkg -i kernel-image-whatever.deb. Then I installed apt-get installed
alsa-driver-0.5.tar.gz, ran tar -xvzf ..., ran make-kpkg modules_image, used
dpkg -i alsa-modules-whatever.deb.

Now, when I use modconf I find a lot all the necessary modules except
snd-powermac.

Could someone tell me what I did wrong? Or has anybody made the same
experience?

Any help would be much appreciated !!

Kind regards, Roland Wegmann

rowe_gnu@gmx.net