Re: Fwd: Re: Fw: Woody install docs and Nubus

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 11:27:23PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> At 1:08 pm -0700 20/7/02, Chris Tillman wrote:
> >On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 04:12:18PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:> As
> >part of the process of booting into Linux, Lilo is configured in
> >> the MkLinux control panel on the Mac side.  In there I set
> >> rootdev=/dev/sdb6.  So I'll try your append recommendation when I've
> >> rebuilt the Mac side to get back into Linux.
> >
> >Oh, I see, the MkLinux booter. Well, who knows whether that kernel will
> >understand that setting, but it's worth a try. If the kernel config
> >contains mac_hid, it will probably work.
> >
> >You might well be able to get your old Mac partition to mount again
> >using Disk First Aid on the MacOS CD, or the Update Drivers option in
> >Drive Setup.
> Thanks again
>
> Currently doing a low level format on the original Hard Disk and will
> hopefully load 8.6 onto that.  Is there any way I can verify that
> that the MkLinux booter contains mac_hid?

Well, on my kernel,

zgrep mac_hid vmlinux-2.4.16-newpmac

produces

Binary file (standard input) matches

Also,

grep mac_hid /boot/System.map-2.4.16-newpmac

gives

c0107964 T mac_hid_kbd_translate
c0107ae0 T mac_hid_kbd_unexpected_up
c0107b10 T mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c01f4890 ? __kstrtab_mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c0208e64 D mac_hid_files
c0208f14 D mac_hid_dir
c0208f6c D mac_hid_root_dir
c02178d4 ? __ksymtab_mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c0234a48 T mac_hid_init_hw
c02777d0 b mac_hid_sysctl_header

I suspect yours would be different, though.