Re: Pine for testing/PPC

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:04:04AM +0200, James Nord wrote:

> >On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:29:04PM +0200, James Nord wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>Does anyone know where I could find a debian package (or binary) for pine?
> >>
> >>All I managed to find was i386 versions :-(
> >
> >Have you tried "apt-get --compile source pine" ??
> >

> No because I have an *exceptionally* minimal installation and don't want
> to have to install compilers/linkers and dev libraries in order to do this.

Use mutt. More powerfull, simpler, GPL,...

> >>Important notice: Pine license does not allow "modified binaries"
> >>(like the ones produced by this source package) to be distributed.
>
> Are there many changes?  [OT Has anyone submitted them back to UW or
> asked for permission to redistribute?]

None. It is modified in some way, so pine license is clear: no
distribution of modified binaries.

> Pine is normally exceptionally stable so I'm not sure what debian had to
> customize?
> Other distros manage (RedHat, YellowDog, Solaris...)

Ejem...

Try to download one of those and use alien. You can also try to unpack
it and test if it works...

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.
		--Arthur (Life of Brian)