How to handle SCSI low-level drivers

Hello

Do I have to compile any SCSI low-level driver, if I have a iMac (early 2001)
without any SCSI Hardware? Or ist it important to have an low-level driver in
order to use devices that requires SCSI emulation?

On my iMac I have installed Woody and use an "apt-get install" kernel,
version 2.4.18-newpmac. When I look into the config file there are a lot of
low-level drivers activated as modules. I have never used them yet.

I am going to recompile the kernel. So, is there any disadvantage if i
disable (chose n in make xconfig) all this low-level drivers?

Kind regards, Roland

rowe_gnug@gmx.net