Fwd: Re: Fw: Woody install docs and Nubus

I tried to install potato on a Mac 8100/80 (Nubus) earlier this year but failed get floppy access, ppp or X working.

I've just installed ADSL on an ethernet network here which gave me the ability to apt-get from the net. I've reinstalled potato (booting from the DebianMkLinux Mach_kernel), upgraded to woody using apt-get and dselect with some guidance from:

Starting X gives:

Fatal server error
no screens found

Searching the lists and web revealed no solution and so I've repeated the potato install and woody upgrade paying special attention to any X server issues.

The video card drivers listed in the Dialog Box Configuring Xserver-xfree86 doesn't include the nubus HPV display card V1.0a2 in my machine. Is there a generic alternative?

Clive Menzies & Associates Limited
strategies for business

75 Priory Road, London N8 8LR
d/l: 020 8348 0996