Re: mesa & dri-trunk

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 15:38, Michael Furr wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 03:58, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Curious, what game is it? Any packages available yet to look at?
> Vegastrike (vegastrike.sf.net).  Its still somewhat early on, but its
> been actively developed for a while now and looks somewhat promising as
> long as they eventually clean up their code.
> Initial packages(i386 & sparc) are up at
>
> deb http://userpages.umbc.edu/~fu1/debian unstable main

Ah, I even have the corresponding deb-src line in my sources.list. :) I
think I got it from a -mentors post of yours.

> > daenzer@tibook> rgrep glXGetProcAddressARB /usr/include/GL          ~
> > /usr/include/GL/glx.h:extern void (*glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte
> > *procName))( void );
> > /usr/include/GL/glxext.h:extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB
> > (const GLubyte *);
> > Seems to be there? If that doesn't help, does it work with xlibmesa-dev?
>
> I have xlibmesa-dev installed and saw those, but they were inside an
> #ifdef that didn't seem to be true at the time.  I tried adding the
> prototype myself and got an unresolved symbol :(  Unfortuanately, I
> don't have my powerbook with me right now to give more details.

Adding -DGLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES to build that file worked here, but I
suspect that's not a solution.

Unfortunately, it segfaults after initializing for a while. I'm leaving
that to you. :)

(I first got an assertion failure, which turned out to be its very
special way of saying 'hey! a file I need is missing!'. Looks like the
vegastrike-data dependency should be tightened)

> > It shouldn't matter what you compile against so long as it conforms to
> > the Linux OpenGL ABI. It's what you _run_ against that matters. :)
> > > I don't know if there is any accelerated support for nVidia cards under
> > > ppc,
> >
> > There isn't and likely will never be. But I thought this was about a
> > TiBook?
> Yes, but since its a package, I wanted to make sure it would work for
> everyone :)  The main reason I asked was because I've seen some
> irregularities with people compiling against the proprietary nvidia
> drivers on i386 and then non-nvidia people having problems runnning it.

Sounds like the nVidia libGL doesn't conform to the ABI.