Re: mesa & dri-trunk

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 03:58, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Curious, what game is it? Any packages available yet to look at?
Vegastrike (vegastrike.sf.net).  Its still somewhat early on, but its
been actively developed for a while now and looks somewhat promising as
long as they eventually clean up their code.
Initial packages(i386 & sparc) are up at

deb http://userpages.umbc.edu/~fu1/debian unstable main

> daenzer@tibook> rgrep glXGetProcAddressARB /usr/include/GL          ~
> /usr/include/GL/glx.h:extern void (*glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte
> *procName))( void );
> /usr/include/GL/glxext.h:extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB
> (const GLubyte *);
> Seems to be there? If that doesn't help, does it work with xlibmesa-dev?

I have xlibmesa-dev installed and saw those, but they were inside an
#ifdef that didn't seem to be true at the time.  I tried adding the
prototype myself and got an unresolved symbol :(  Unfortuanately, I
don't have my powerbook with me right now to give more details.

> It shouldn't matter what you compile against so long as it conforms to
> the Linux OpenGL ABI. It's what you _run_ against that matters. :)
> > I don't know if there is any accelerated support for nVidia cards under
> > ppc,
>
> There isn't and likely will never be. But I thought this was about a
> TiBook?
Yes, but since its a package, I wanted to make sure it would work for
everyone :)  The main reason I asked was because I've seen some
irregularities with people compiling against the proprietary nvidia
drivers on i386 and then non-nvidia people having problems runnning it.

-mike