Re: mesa & dri-trunk

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 02:28, Mike Furr wrote:

> I'm trying to get a GL game I'm packaging to build on
> powerpc(specifically, my TiBook).

Curious, what game is it? Any packages available yet to look at?

> When I use the xlibmesa-dri-trunk debs, I get the following missing prototype:
>
>     __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte *)
>
> which is included in the regular mesa-dev debs.

daenzer@tibook> rgrep glXGetProcAddressARB /usr/include/GL          ~
/usr/include/GL/glx.h:extern void (*glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte
*procName))( void );
/usr/include/GL/glxext.h:extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB
(const GLubyte *);

Seems to be there? If that doesn't help, does it work with xlibmesa-dev?
That's what the autobuilders will likely use to satisfy the libgl-dev
build dependency.

> Of course, when I compile without dri, its too slow to play.

It shouldn't matter what you compile against so long as it conforms to
the Linux OpenGL ABI. It's what you _run_ against that matters. :)

> I don't know if there is any accelerated support for nVidia cards under
> ppc,

There isn't and likely will never be. But I thought this was about a
TiBook?