Re: apt-get and /usr remount (was Re: ReiserFS on blank hard drive)

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 04:39:49AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> for example when you upgrade libc every bash process must be killed
> before remounting of /usr is possible since it mmaps some locale file
> (IME anyway).

 (Almost) everything mmap()s /lib/libc.so.6.  That's probably more important
if even read-only mappings of deleted files prevent remounting ro.  (this
requirement makes sense, because you have to leave the FS with the file
deleted and the blocks freed, so nothing would be left to back the mapping.
The only way to support this would be ugly hacks, I think.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y