ReiserFS on blank hard drive

Hi there,

looking at the output of 'df', I decided to buy a new hard drive for my Pismo
soon. Now, given the size of hard drives today, It just doesn't seem to be
wise to use ext2 anymore. I also often read that Michel Daenzer, Jason
Stewart, and other people are running their machine with ReiserFS.

I installed Debian from the official Potato-CD-Set and distupgraded to woody.
I've no idea though how to install Debian on a ReiserFS system on a blank
hard drive. I mean, I obviously cannot just use another set of boot floopies
like I could on a PC laptop.

I'd appreciate some hints about how to get Debian successfully running on a
ReiserFS system. How do I have to set partitions best? What about a dual
install - MacOS and Linux? Does yaboot need an extra ext2 partition like lilo
does?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

--