Re: ReiserFS on blank hard drive

"Philipp von Weitershausen" <philikon@gmx.net> writes:

> I installed Debian from the official Potato-CD-Set and distupgraded
> to woody.  I've no idea though how to install Debian on a ReiserFS
> system on a blank hard drive. I mean, I obviously cannot just use
> another set of boot floopies like I could on a PC laptop.
>
> I'd appreciate some hints about how to get Debian successfully
> running on a ReiserFS system. How do I have to set partitions best?
> What about a dual install - MacOS and Linux? Does yaboot need an
> extra ext2 partition like lilo does?

Sorry Phil, I don't understand. If you already have debian installed
on your internal drive, all you need to do is partition the blank
drive with as many partitions as you want, and then create the
filesystems you want on those partititions. If you want to use them
for MacOS, use 'hformat' to put an HFS partition, and if you want
ReiserFS then use mkreiserfs.

Why would you need to install any OS? Presumably your internal drive
already has both MacOS and linux, yes?

jas.