Re: [SID] Keymap under X - solved for me

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 21:40, Georg Koss wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:14:53PM +0100, Veit Waltemath wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:50:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > > Just to make it clear: left alt seems to work for application shortcuts
> > > (and VT switching), right alt seems to work as AltGr.
>
> I think that was the reason for many misunderstandings in the past
> with that german keycodes.
>
> I own two keyboards - the original one I got with my G4 in summer
> 2000. The bottom line contains from left to right in the main-block:

> followed left by numbers block.
>
> Then I bought a new one I think in february 2001 which has another design:

> followed to the left by cursor keys followed left by number-block
>
> The stuff with german keycodes and linux-keycodes as explained on the
> list all the time didn't work with my old but only and without
> problems with the new keyboard with the both <alt> _and_ <alt-gr> buttons.

To add even more to the confusion, both this Pismo's and my girlfriend's
Cube's keyboards have two identical alt/option keys; they generate the
same keycode here but different ones there.

My deepest respect for the one who will find a solution which works for
all these cases. :)