Re: [SID] Keymap under X - solved for me

Hi all!

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:14:53PM +0100, Veit Waltemath wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:50:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Just to make it clear: left alt seems to work for application shortcuts
> > (and VT switching), right alt seems to work as AltGr.

I think that was the reason for many misunderstandings in the past
with that german keycodes.

I own two keyboards - the original one I got with my G4 in summer
2000. The bottom line contains from left to right in the main-block:

followed left by numbers block.

Then I bought a new one I think in february 2001 which has another design:

followed to the left by cursor keys followed left by number-block

The stuff with german keycodes and linux-keycodes as explained on the
list all the time didn't work with my old but only and without
problems with the new keyboard with the both <alt> _and_ <alt-gr> buttons.

SY &

--

M.f.G.

Georg Koss