Re: [SID] Keymap under X - solved for me

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:50:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Just to make it clear: left alt seems to work for application shortcuts
> (and VT switching), right alt seems to work as AltGr.

My modification to the de-xkb file didn't work. Alt behaves as AltGr.
So forget it.
As i wrote in my first posting this is the first experience with
Macintosh. So don't know want you mean with the right AltGr, I think you
mean the right Apple Key between space bar and the up-down-right-left block.
So with a unmodified de file and the suggested XF86Config-4 entries, the
left and right Apple-keys have no function. When i hit 'alt' and '1' i get
(arg: 1) in a shell. Alt worked for application shortcuts onthe Destop, that
right. But i don't can type the 'at', the 'pipe' and the 'tilde'.

> > Don't CC me, I am subscribed.
>
> What do you think is easiest for you:
>
> - fix all 'broken' mailers yorself?
> - ask (fix? :) all 'broken' users yourself?
 *- deal with it myself?*

--
Veit Waltemath <veitw@wsbt.de>      |     reg. Linux User #140794
01896 Pulnitz / Germany		    |     Debian Gnu/Linux Systems