Re: iBook 2001: what are the Kernel options for networking?

Laurent de Segur <ldesegur@mac.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that you compiled the driver for your hw? I had no
> problem running the 2.4.15-pre2 on the very same hw as you do
> (600/100). I compiled the GMAC driver in the kernel (not as a module)
> so I don't have to goof with mod stuff. Me Just Lazy.

I've made some progress.  The BenH kernel (2.4.15-pre2-ben0) certainly
doesn't work -- there's an error to that effect in the boot messages
-- but I've compiled my own and it does!  I'm happy with this.

My problem is now getting DHCP to work -- it works transparently under
the woody kernel, and not at all under my kernel.  (I am land
connected.)

Gordon