Re: sane for ppc

Georg Koss <g.koss@eunet.at> writes:

> IIRC it should be v-1.0.6 =8-).

I did use 1.0.6.

[...]

> For my feeling (I'm no hacker :-( ) this problems were in 1.0.4 and
> 1.0.5 as well. I got the same make-error when compiling it from
> deb-src.

I talked with upstream about it, and they will have a fix for the
next version (basically the same thing as the hack I added to the
Debian package).

> As it was a lot of work (not shure if I can reproduce it) I don't
> want to kill my 1.0.6 even if it's not debian's, bacause it works.

The Debian package should be the same as 1.0.6; if not please report
a bug.

> But, I promise to try your package if I've a bit time after the
> weekend (which I have to be at a congress around 800miles from home
> ;-), and I can't promise to do it tomorrow.  BUT I bought a new
> scanner that works with sane-1.0.6 at the moment. So we 'll see. ;-)

I've gone ahead and uploaded this package, so it should be hitting
your favortie Debian mirror soon.