Re: Need 2.4.9-benh0 snapshot or diff

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:52:18PM +0100, benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:

> With a few exceptions...
>
> The power management is definitely not up to date in Linus tree,
> as are a few Mac specific drivers. I would recomment using the
> Linus tree (or bk _2_4 which is supposed to be very close to linus
> as it is regulary merged) for desktop machines. bk _2_4_devel is
> probably a better choice for laptop users as it contains all the
> power management tweaks.

yes, i forgot to mention power management.  when do you think that
will be stable enough to start sendint to linus and merging with the
stable branch?

> My rsync tree is definitely not something you want to use if you
> are looking for a stable kernel source :) I keep no version control
> and occasionally push some very experimental changes. Use it at
> your own risk. It's purpose is for people to test some experimental
> stuffs I'm working on, like firewire support, AGP support, etc...

ive noticed ;-)

> Once those things are considered stable enough, I merge them into
> 2_4_devel, and eventually 2_4 (in this case, I also send patches
> to Linus for inclusion in the main tree).

do you send them or does paulus?  i haven't seen your name in any of
linus' changelogs in quite some time, but paul has been getting stuff
merged quite regularly (though nothing much since .10).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/