Re: woody boot-floppies

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:47:48PM +0100, benh@kernel.crashing.org wrote:

> Anyway, given the current status of 2.4.x, I think I will take
> some time next week to backport most of this to 2.2.20 so at
> least a reliable 2.2.x can be used for people who don't want
> to fight with the various 2.4.x problems :(

that could be useful.. of course 2.2.20 was released yesterday.

otoh its sounding more and more like Linus is finally going to start
2.5 and give 2.4 to Alan, once that happens 2.4 can finally begin its
journey to stability and Linus can break the devel tree. which is of
course supposed to be broken.

my bet is on 2.4.14 being the last Linus 2.4, but my bets are capped
at a nickel.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/