Re: Need 2.4.9-benh0 snapshot or diff

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:02:56PM -0800, Anthony Lau wrote:

> I guess I will have to wait and see if 2.4.14-pre6 is better since
> Linus Torvald wrote that he had fixed the OOM-killer. I know that
> the snapshot of 2.4.14-pre5 I have appears to kill processes that
> I want up, but were idling.  Very annoying when mutt or an X-shell
> suddenly quit because you were surfing the web with Mozilla and
> the kernel was swapping like mad (96MB phys RAM, 256MB VM).

i reccommend just using the Linus tree straight out, this way if you
still have VM problems you can report them to l-k and not be ignored
due to using some random fork.

i have diffed ben's and Linus' tree and the differences are almost
entirely due to i2o (sound hardware you don't have) and iSeries
(something else you don't have any use for, its some embedded arch i
think).

penguinppc.org has been running pure Linus since 2.4.8, its currently
on 2.4.12 with no problems whatsoever, and its a newworld G4, with
oldworld your definitly fine with Linus.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/