Re: iBook2: Timekeeping and keyboard

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 23:51, Mats Aigner wrote:

> The Linux system clock was getting ahead several seconds per minute.
> Why? What is the basis for Linux timekeeping?

AFAIK older kernels tend to be vulnerable to time drifts on iBook2s.
Beware that 2.4 kernels don't work very well with potato.

> This was solved by installing adjtimex and edit a boot script.
> However, when I (as root) try "adjtimex --compare" the response is
> "unable to open /dev/port read/write :: device not configured". What
> am I doing wrong?

You're using bad software. ;) /dev/port is for I/O port access, so this
program apparently tries to access PC legacy hardware directly...

If you have a constant network connection, you could try ntp (ntp-simple
in sid) to keep the time accurate.