Mouse not configuring....

Hi!

I'm a long time computer user with Mac OS and some Linux but I'm brand new to Debian. I am trying to install a basic Debian system on this system:

PowerMac 7300/200 (200Mhz 604e)
64MB RAM
2 GIG Hard Drive
T-Bast10 Ethernet

I have been successful (several times) in using BootX to download all the files from the ftp.us.debian.org site and get them installed. However. When the configuration program that runs while the packages are being "set up" asks about my mouse--- something to the effect of "/dev/mouse found"-- If I ask Debian to (I guess) configure it for me (the default) X windows launches but the mouse doesn't work at all. If I try saying that "I will set it up manually later" Xstart will not even work because it can't find the file "/dev/mouse". I am using a stock Apple Decktop Bus Mouse II that works absolutely fine under Mac OS 9.

I would appreciate any ideas you all have.  Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

John Seguin