Re: ibook2 playing audio CDs

Ron Golan wrote:

> I finally got audio CDs to play on my ibook2. In case anyone else is struggling
>  with this, here's how I did it.
>
> I'm using Woody kernel 2.4.10-ben0 using ide-scsi for /dev/hdb using
>  xmms with the AudioCD Reader plugin from the xmms-cdread package

I'm using testing, together with the linuxppc_2_4_devel Bitkeeper tree.
xmms plays MP3s and Oggs fine, but the cd reader plugin just produces
noise. It sounds to me like an endianness problem.

The other problem I have is that the MP3 and Ogg output is quite hissy compared to my desktop machine. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the iBook2 hardware, or a problem in the driver.

--
Adrian Cox   http://www.humboldt.co.uk/