Re: 128 bits ? (was: Re: Trouble getting airport to talk to UFO base station)

>> It's always good to make sure both match (your airport firmware
>> and the base station one).
>
>The AirPort cards use the same firmware as Orinoco/WaveLAN cards, so the
>7.x firmware is probably your best bet. (If Apple has an updater that
>installs the 7.x Lucent firmware - I don't know if they do or not.)

They don't have an updater, it's the macos driver that automatically
(and silently, sic !) updates the card firmware. Looks like Apple
airport drivers are built with a firmware image, and when it
probes a card with an older one, updates it.

Ben.