Re: XFree86 update question

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:02:09PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:34:25PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

Here's a possible way out: enable ADB keycodes in the new kernel, so the keycodes are selectable via the /proc file. Then put an entry in /etc/sysctl.conf something like dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1. (Can we do this for pmac only?) So new installs get linux keycodes, and upgrades get to have a real choice, which is documented in the upgrade notes.

Adam, I don't want to go down the route of using sysctl.conf for this;
it's supposed to be local admin only.

I see, this makes sense.

Would it be worthwhile to make
ADB keycodes be available, and not default?  Is there ANY reason not to
do this?  It's a relatively straightforward kernel patch.

This would make me very happy, and I would guess not a few others. Thank you very much!

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>