Re: XFree86 update question

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:34:25PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Nope.  If I upgrade to the most recent kernel-image-2.2.19-pmac (I think
> 2.2.19-3.1), ADB keycodes are totally disabled.  IMHO, this lack of
> choice should be considered a bug.

well its not. and its NOT changing.

> Here's a possible way out: enable ADB keycodes in the new kernel, so the
> keycodes are selectable via the /proc file.  Then put an entry in
> /etc/sysctl.conf something like
> dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1.  (Can we do this for pmac
> only?)  So new installs get linux keycodes, and upgrades get to have a
> real choice, which is documented in the upgrade notes.

ABSOLUTLY FUCKING NOT.

we have DISCUSSED THIS.  it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

that will only result in broken systems the ******ONLY****** way to
ensure non-broken new installs and that upgrades once done correctly
will remain unbroken is disabling adb keycodes.

again this has been done, and its NOT going to change.

> Makes sense?

no it doesn't, its stupid and it will not work, for reasons already
discussed over and over and over and over again.

its not going to change deal with it.

> [Trying my best to ignore Ethan's worthless flame...]

why don't you just shut the fuck up instead of proposing reverting
debian to a broken state then?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/