RE: XFree86 update question

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Laurent de Segur wrote:

> ...and since most people don't read them anyway, expect great chaos on this
> list when the sucker is released.

That was clear from the beginning. It was predictable the moment the
Powers That Be decided to force everyone to switch over to Linux keycodes
now, not wait until release. Nothing that creative use of procmail
couldn't fix :-)

Make no mistake: the new input layer is the cleaner of both options, and
having a common set of keytables for both ADB and USB keyboards also makes
things easier in the long run. Plus we better hash this out now and come
up with a few solutions for the transition. I just resent breaking
backwards compatibility, that's all.

	Michael