Re: X 4.1.0 Hints for french PowerBook users...

Hi,

Michel Dänzer writes:

> The default keymaps should be consistent within Linux on all
> architectures, not trying to mimic proprietary OSs.

I'll second that.  Should anybody want to swap modifier keys, this is
easily doable on a per-user basis with xmodmap.  I did that, btw,
because I am used to having the Alt key directly left of the space
bar, like on my prehistoric IBM keyboard.  And the option key makes a
nice compose switch.

What confuses me a little, however, is that when using Linux keycodes
there seems to be no distinction between the left and right option
keys on my Pismo keyboard.  Even the kernel appears to think that both
are the same key (showkey gives 56 for them).  I remember this being
different with ADB keycodes.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!