Re: 2.4.9-benh0 crashes during boot with 7600 and Voodoo3

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 02:13:16PM -0700, Lee Cremeans wrote:
> I just rsync'd the latest benh kernel tree last night, and I'm finding
> it has an odd problem when I try to boot my Power Mac 7600 and use my
> "new" (just received) Voodoo3 3000 instead of /chaos/control (the
> onboard video)...it will boot into the welcome screen, pause, then
> drop into xmon with some sort of trap (II'm using the Mac in MacOS
> atm, so I'll provide the trap, if wanted in a later post).

	I'm using the 2.4.9-benh0 kernel with a StarMax 4000 and a Voodoo3.
	Also, with the Voodoo3, your consoles will not work with X. You either
have to boot with no video driver and no X or X without readable consoles.

	What have you compiled in as console and framebuffer support?  I have set:

# Console drivers
#
# CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE is not set

and

# Frame-buffer support
#
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FB_OF=y
CONFIG_FB_3DFX=y

I have ATY64 stuff instead of CONTROL stuff for the rest the framebuffer settings.

Also I have selected DRI support without any DRI modules.

Anthony