Re: PPP (was: Xpmac on Powerbook 1400c)

At 22:52 -0500 24 Aug 2001, Phil Frost <daboy@xgs.dyn.dhs.org> wrote:
> Anyway, I have tried for weeks go get PPP working but the best I could manage
> is about 300bps. If anyone is really really sure it's possible to make this
> work please let me know because my laptop is 100% useless without some sort
> of connection to the outside world.

It should be possible.  Several years ago (around '96) I had a Mac LC
doing PPP over a null modem cable with an x86 linux box.  I don't
remember for sure what speed I had it running at, but I'm sure it was at
least 38400.  That was with Mac OS, not linux (which won't run on the
LC), but it does indicate even old Mac serial ports are capable of doing
at least halfway decent speeds.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron@schrab.com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 "But what we need to know is, do people want nasally-insertable computers?"