Re: serial mouse on older pmac?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 08:34:47PM +0200, furball@space.ch wrote:

> I was nearly successful, then... but: mouse button press is only
> detected when moving the mouse at the same time. also, under X, it
> will only take notice of the left button (middle and right buttons
> are ignored, even when vigorously moving the mouse :) )

I believe these are the problems that are corrected by using the
pin setup I quoted earlier -- a lot of mice need to be powered from the
DTR line, which is not connected on a regular Mac serial adapter.
If not, you should see the "3 Button Serial mouse Mini HOWTO" for
hints on X configuration.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/3-Button-Mouse.html

--Peter