Re: Is the iBook2 really good?

On 21 Aug 2001 11:38:06 -0600, Derrik Pates wrote:

> There's VirtualPC from Connectix, which (at least as of v3, haven't tried
> v4) does work in Mac-On-Linux, although a bit slowly (but VPCv3 seems to
> be slow in general). Insignia used to sell a PC emulator for MacOS (and
> others), but seems to have left the emulator business, leaving (far as I
> know) only VPC.

You can also get Windows to run under Bochs
(http://bochs.sourceforge.net/), a x86 emulator. It is unbearable slow,
and the installation process is not documented well. It isn't really
usable, but it does run...

I have VirtualPC 4, and it seems to hang when I attempt to start it from
Mac-On-Linux...

Gregory P. Keeney
Mad Computer Scientist
gregory.p.keeney@lmco.com