Re: X4.0.3 and (german) keyboard problems on PM 7600/132

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 03:06:25PM +0200, Manuel Reiter wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi!

I use a Powerbook G3 (Pismo). I don't know if my settings will work
for you, but I think so, because I've had exactly the same problems

> - My german Apple Extended ADB keyboard is working on console and in X.
>   However, the keys '<' and '^' seem to be swapped and, more importantly,
>   I have no way to type an '@' or the pipe character ('|'). I can't even
>   begin to tell you how handicapped I feel on the console without my
>   trusty pipe ;) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this in ~/.Xmodmap ...

keycode 18 = less greater bar
keycode 58 = degree asciicircum

... and this in ~/.xsession:

xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap &

After that, the pipe should be available with Alt+<

I can access the '@' with Alt+l (maybe you too).

> - While my one-button ADB mouse is working in X, three-button emulation is
>   either not or I haven't figured it out. I tried the obvious approaches
>   (all of Ctrl, Alt, Cmd, the F-keys) but to na avail. Again, thanks in
>   advance for any light shed on this.

I can get three-button emulation to work with this script:

--- schnipp
#!/bin/sh

echo "Setting core-mouse button 2 to key F11"
echo "87" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode

echo "Setting core-mouse button 3 to key F12"
echo "88" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode

echo "Activating core-mouse button emulation"
echo "1"  > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation

## The keys are defined in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/input.h
--- schnapp

Bye Stefan