Re: X4.0.3 and (german) keyboard problems on PM 7600/132

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your help, I'm getting closer.

> > - My german Apple Extended ADB keyboard is working on console and in X.
> >   However, the keys '<' and '^' seem to be swapped and, more importantly,
> >   I have no way to type an '@' or the pipe character ('|'). I can't even
> >   begin to tell you how handicapped I feel on the console without my
> >   trusty pipe ;) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I have this in ~/.Xmodmap ...
>
> keycode 18 = less greater bar
> keycode 58 = degree asciicircum

I have put these into /etc/X11/Xmodmap and can now access '<', '>' and
'^' in X. The degree still eludes my, but I don't need it that much
anyway. What's bothering more is that I still can't access the pipe
character and the '@' in X.

Also, /etc/X11/Xmodmap states it shouldn't be used if the XKEYBOARD
extension is used. It seems to work anyway, but do I have to expext any
trouble?

> > - While my one-button ADB mouse is working in X, three-button emulation is
> >   either not or I haven't figured it out. I tried the obvious approaches
> >   (all of Ctrl, Alt, Cmd, the F-keys) but to na avail. Again, thanks in
> >   advance for any light shed on this.
>
> I can get three-button emulation to work with this script:
>
> --- schnipp
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo "Setting core-mouse button 2 to key F11"
> echo "87" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
>
> echo "Setting core-mouse button 3 to key F12"
> echo "88" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode
>
> echo "Activating core-mouse button emulation"
> echo "1"  > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
>
> ## The keys are defined in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/input.h
> --- schnapp

By issuing this similar commands (with different keycodes) I now have the
middle mouse button on "alt gr" and the right mouse button on the right
"ctrl" key. Is there a standard script/place I'd put these commands/the
script so as to have it available at boot time?

One other thing: I installed KDE, and it can't find any applications -- no
konsole, no xterm, no nothing. I just 'apt-get install'ed kdebase and
konsole, should I have done anything else?

Again thanks for your help and greetings,

  Manuel