Re: Audio on the Pismo

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Pan wrote:

> The thing is: I tried all the hints that I got from this list: I used xmms
> with the xmms-cdread plugin. I recompiled the kernel (now I have 2.4.8)
> and I tried also on the default one (2.2.19). I tried all the patches I
> could find online to the kernel tree... and I still can't get it to work.

What's the problem? Are you getting errors when it tries to stream the
audio data from the CD? Is the audio getting garbled on the way out? Or
what?

> Would it be too much to ask for a 'fool-proof' explanation from someone
> that got it to work.

Well, for someone to tell you where you're going wrong, we have to know
what you're doing, and what you're getting back. :)

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN