Re: Zope will not start

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:47:04PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Is the zopectl command a binary or is it a script?  If it's a script,
> you could add "set -x" at line 2 of the script to be able to debug it.

Hm, I mustn't have been thinking it through clearly.  I should've
thought of that.

Ultimately, it dies doing this (Python snippet, not in zopectl, but
rather in a file mentioned in a traceback in the debug log, once I
located it in the script and turned it on):

        host, port = self.socket.getsockname()
        if not ip:
            self.log_info('Computing default hostname', 'warning')
            ip = socket.gethostbyname (socket.gethostname())

I recognized this syndrome right away, once I saw that.  Sure enough,
in /etc/hosts nothing for 'hostname' and the host doesn't exist in
the domain configured in /etc/resolv.conf.  Pump snags our ISP's domain
and configures resolv.conf with that, whereas we have our own domain
that should be used there instead.  I'm not sure how to fix this
properly (in /etc/network/interfaces somehow?  No docs on how to do
this.)  But I can fudge it by putting our fqdn and hostname in
/etc/hosts.  Sucks if our IP# changes, but it works.

Thanks,
Ben