Re: Zope will not start

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:32:40PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:52:41PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > Do you have another PPC machine you can test this on?
>
> Unfortunately, no.
>
> > Have you ruled out any hardware problems?
>
> I cannot imagine what hardware problem would cause this.  The hardware
> seems to function fine in other respects.  It is an old PowerMac
> 7200/75.  What would I be looking for?  I only have occasional physical
> access to this box, and no other boxes to exchange parts with, so this
> is a difficult approach for me to take.

I have several 7200s ranging from 75, 90 & 120mhz.  The 75s only came
with 500mb of space, did you run out?

How much ram?

Are you using the built-in mace ethernet?  I've only seen it work on
about 20% of my machines, and one of those died after two weeks of
uptime.  After adding a tulip based card, and newer drivers from
Donald Becker and I'm set.  I have uptimes of 84 and 77 on two
different 7200s that are configured this way.

> > Can you use a simple tcp/udp tool (like netcat) to bind to the needed
> > port?
>
> Yes.

Good.

Is the zopectl command a binary or is it a script?  If it's a script,
you could add "set -x" at line 2 of the script to be able to debug it.

Is this a production server?  Can tests be run that may tripple or
more the response time?

Mike