Re: reading linux from MacOs

Ethan Benson wrote:

I can't believe I take part in this OT thread...

> if (macos)
>         use_hfs_not_plus();
> elif (macosx)
>         use_ufs_not_hfs();

Both these functions cost a very high price. Installing MockOS X on UFS takes
at least twice as long as to HFS+, for everyday use it's about the same ratio.
Seeing as it apparently used to be the opposite with the beta versions, it's
pretty clear that Apple wants to get rid of UFS, I wonder why they still ship
it though.