Re: reading linux from MacOs

En réponse à Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>:

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 09:50:16AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > MacOS does not read anything but MacOS filesystems. it cannot read
> any
> > > UNIX like filesystem.
> >
> > BenH had written a system extension to read ext2 filesystems. Look
> for
> > MountX. I'd not bet on it working with system 9.x and above though.
>
> i tried that once, all it did was crash on powerpc.  it only worked on
> my m68k powerbook.
>
> i rather prefer that MacOS is incapable of reading (and thus pissing
> on) my *nix filesystems.

my "solution" to the filesystem access is quite unpleasant but i've not found
anything better :
I have an HFS partition (not HFS+) and i have to boot to linux to copy the files
i need to share with the mac on this partition. It doesnot work at 100% but it's
better than not sharing the files at all.

When you're used to do this, you dont even notice the pissing part of this silly
method ;))

Pejvan