Re: glibc 2.1.13-17 and kernel headers

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:01:37PM +0800, Kin Chung wrote:
> If this is the wrong place to ask this question, please let
> me know which mailing list is appropriate.
>
> I was trying to recompile glibc, partly because of the security
> problem (and partly for my own masochistic desires), and I found

what security problem?  add potato r3 has all the current libc
security fixes. or is there a new one im not aware of?

> that one of the maintainers had upgraded the kernel header
> requirements to 2.2.18*.  Is there any clear policy about which
> kernel header to compile against?  Is it safe/useful to compile
> against a non-stable powerpc kernel like 2.4.4pre4 (probably benh)
> given that I can't seem to get nice features like sound out of
> my ibook using 2.2.18 or 2.2.19?
>
> I looked in the glibc mailing list, but they seem completely
> occupied by the 2.2 (?) glibc.

if you have to ask these questions i think you should not be compiling
libc.  if there is a new security problem not addressed by debian you
need to inform security@debian.org.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/