glibc 2.1.13-17 and kernel headers

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, please let
me know which mailing list is appropriate.

I was trying to recompile glibc, partly because of the security
problem (and partly for my own masochistic desires), and I found
that one of the maintainers had upgraded the kernel header
requirements to 2.2.18*.  Is there any clear policy about which
kernel header to compile against?  Is it safe/useful to compile
against a non-stable powerpc kernel like 2.4.4pre4 (probably benh)
given that I can't seem to get nice features like sound out of
my ibook using 2.2.18 or 2.2.19?

I looked in the glibc mailing list, but they seem completely
occupied by the 2.2 (?) glibc.

Cheers,

Kin Hoong

*It is noted in the Changes or some such document, but they did
not appear to have been updated in the config files (it still
complains that my kernel headers are older than 2.0.10 when it
actually means 2.2.18).  Should
I file a bug report?