Re: New ofpath and yabootconfig: Added devfs support, PLEASE TEST

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 06:44:25PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> Er, hmm.  It might be possible to do it this way.  It looks like
> most of the logic is there.  I'll play around with this sometime
> soonish.

ok, sooner the better though.

> It quite probably should, yes.

i tested ofpath with devfs + devfsd quite some time ago and it worked
fine so long as you gave it normal names.

> Right.  But this isn't so much of a problem.  In fact, unless we're
> trying to do a chroot, we should always rely on df, shouldn't we?

well i use /etc/fstab to find the root filesystem because df will
report /dev/root if /etc/mtab is a link to /proc/mounts.  there is no
way to determine the real root device from that.

> > updated ofpath and yabootconfig are posted
>
> It works this time, yay. :)

good, i am probably going to do a release this weekend assuming i can
find out why the RS/6K people are having problems.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/