Re: output-device OF boot variable for ATI XCLAIM3D+

On  17 May, this message from Ethan Benson echoed through cyberspace:
> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 03:05:54PM -0700, Brian McCain wrote:
>> So heres my question...Does anybody have this particular card (the XCLAIM 3D Plus has a flat-panel display connector and an s-video out port as well as the standard vga connector) or at least just know what the OF output-device variable should be for it?

> i think its unlikely that OF will be able to display to this card.  it
> won't even be aware of its existence unless the card provides an
> OpenFirmware FCODE rom.  but what i would suggest is booting linux and
> checking /proc/device-tree, see if you can find it, if its there then
> it has an OpenFirmware rom so there is a chance you will be able to
> use it as an output-device.

Beware: it will _always_ be in the device tree; if it has a FCODE in
ROM, it will be there _by_name_, if not, it will be there by PCI device
ID (my Promise looks thus: pci105a,4d33@D; my Matrox with FCODE:
MTRX,Millennium@F)

On  17 May, this message from Adam Goode echoed through cyberspace:
> Yes, the XCLAIM series has all the magical OpenFirmware stuff to make
> it work properly under Linux. It is a true Mac card (it even has the
> wide Mac video connector, I think).

I highly doubt that _all_ XClaim boards are Mac-aware...

> b) If you can boot Linux, look in /proc/bandit. You should see it in there.
/proc/device-tree/bandit/, that is.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |