Re: output-device OF boot variable for ATI XCLAIM3D+

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 03:05:54PM -0700, Brian McCain wrote:
> Ok, I've got an oldworld (power computing powerwave)...I've given up on trying to get the whole serial port thing to work as I can't seem to get the Zterm configuration setup right, but I think I can get it running if I can just get the right info to plug into the boot variables app...The problem, I believe, is that after frying my old ATI card that came with the computer (by tripping on the monitor cord :) I replaced it with an ATI XCLAIM 3D Plus...so now when I change the Open Firmware output-device variable to "bandit/ATY,XCLAIM" I still get no output...I'm thinking it's the wrong value for this variable, but all the output-device guides I've found specify the variable based on computer model, not card.
>
> So heres my question...Does anybody have this particular card (the XCLAIM 3D Plus has a flat-panel display connector and an s-video out port as well as the standard vga connector) or at least just know what the OF output-device variable should be for it?

please wrap your lines to 72 characters.

i think its unlikely that OF will be able to display to this card.  it
won't even be aware of its existence unless the card provides an
OpenFirmware FCODE rom.  but what i would suggest is booting linux and
checking /proc/device-tree, see if you can find it, if its there then
it has an OpenFirmware rom so there is a chance you will be able to
use it as an output-device.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/