Re: new installation - Next step !

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 04:09:27PM +0200, Bruno Waes wrote:

> but i still dont get it how i can boot an installation system with bootx ?

You just set up the bootx extension, which runs at startup.  You can
configure it to by default boot to linux (after 10 seconds or whatever).
So whenever you restart your machine, it starts up MacOS, then the first
thing it does is load BootX.  BootX then waits for 10 seconds to see if you
really wanted MacOS after all, and then boots linux.

BootX actually includes two programs, the system extension, and an
application which you can run after you've already booted up MacOS, to
switch to linux, which can be helpful in the install process.

> can bootx start my installation from cdrom ?

In general, bootx can boot off cdrom.  Whether this is true with the debian
CD, I don't know.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/