Re: Booting to floppy

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 11:56:26AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> I think I agree with you Ethan, but at the same time, MC does have a point that
> this makes for a very unfriendly install experience.  This is a generic potato
> boot-floppies issue across all arches.  Will the new woody installer address
> this?

well i never found the debian network questions confusing or any
harder then any other distro or OS.

maybe we should just fire up vi /etc/network/interfaces so they have
to learn in the first place.

as for woody i think most of the questions asked in dbootstrap are
moved to base-config so a dpkg-reconfigure base-config should return
you to the same set of questions from first install.  im not sure that
this includes network stuffs though since the network really has to be
configured in dbootstrap for http base installs.

> (Maybe I should ask this on debian-boot...)

thou shall not bitch about thine boot floppies unless thy wish to
fix them thyself.

keep in mind that the powerpc boot floppies has exactly one person
working on them (AFAIK): Dan Jacobowitz, and he his working about 92 hours
per day so he really doesn't have time to do that much with them.   i
wish i had the requisite skills to try and make improvments to them
but i don't.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/