Re: Booting to floppy

Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:42:54AM -0400, MC wrote:
> [install experience and sucky powerpc docs snipped]
> >
> > So there's a few more criticisms:
> >
> > - after you start up in your initial install and you're trying to
> > initialize apt for the first time, you should be given more diagnostic
> > information as to when something is going wrong with the network
> > connection, and you should be given the opportunity to reconfigure the
> > network without having to restart and re-do the installation.  My
> > problem was that Debian was unhappy with my choice of nameserver and I
> > must have rebooted and reinstalled my base install four or five times
> > for the sole purpose of trying out different network configurations.
>
> there is no need to reinstall the system to reconfigure your network
> settings.  you need to learn how to do that sooner or later.

I think I agree with you Ethan, but at the same time, MC does have a point that
this makes for a very unfriendly install experience.  This is a generic potato
boot-floppies issue across all arches.  Will the new woody installer address
this?

(Maybe I should ask this on debian-boot...)

Zeen,

-Adam P.